Five Ways to Make Parenting Fun
At Little Toader, we are all about making parenting fun! Michael and I were drawn to one another because we liked each other’s sense of humor. We have the kind of relationship that allows us to prank, poke fun at, and just plain laugh at one another without getting offended. Embracing this fun philosophy, we think parenting should be fun even amongst the teething pain, tantrums, and other tough times. We aren’t saying we are the “no discipline, all fun” type of parents, but we try to emphasize the positive. We like to make it as much fun for the adults as we do for the little ones. Let’s face it, laughing makes just about anything better regardless of your age. Here is our list of top five ways to make parenting Fun:
- Enjoy the simple things in life: A perfect example is AppeTEETHERS(TM)! AppeTEETHERS are the only teething toy designed to make teething fun. As parents we were tired of the same old boring teethers that seemed to hurt our babies’ gums so we decided to make completely unique and funny teething toys that look like real food! Why not give your baby one of the cutest, most effective teething toys on the market? Get a chuckle out of watching them bite down on our one-of-a-kind teethers. The simplest things in life can bring laughter and joy.
- Show your true self to your kids. Let them see you have fun. It’s so good for your little ones to see you as more than a caregiver and disciplinarian.
- Engage in activities that both you and your child can enjoy. We love to run and our kids love to “run” with us in the jogging stroller. We play music they like to listen to while we run.Try to run in places that offer scenery that your kids will like (e.g. a park, lake, ocean, etc.)
- Subscribe to different blogs or newsletters that are geared towards parenting, but that are relatable to you and your parenting style. There are so many creative people out there, and they may be able to offer you a refreshing idea or perspective. Some of our favorites are: babycenter.com and mayoclinic.com
- Stay focused on those moments that make you smile as opposed to the ones where you feel completely overwhelmed. Parenting is one of the hardest jobs in the world and busy lives can cause stress – so when you are having one of those days, think about all the things you are grateful for and try not to focus on the negative.
Stay tuned for more tips on making parenting fun, and other great topics.